As an integral member of our team, the Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting in the oversight of club operations to ensure an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience. This position will work closely with the Club Manager to build a positive and enthusiastic team atmosphere as well as a financially successful club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and developing a high performing staff consisting of Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests, and ensuring staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Assist with Staff Management and provide backup support to Club Manager as needed.
- Assist in scheduling and supervising staff to ensure that all shifts are regularly covered.
- Ensure staff is providing exceptional customer service at all times.
- Assist in resolving or escalating employee issues or concerns.
- Assist in administration and processing of all weekly employee payroll as needed.
- Provide backup support as needed for any employee who is absent.
- Lead by example with involvement in all front desk related activities.
- Greet members and guests, providing exceptional customer service to ensure that everyone feels welcome!
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system, tour and sign up new members, log amenities and communicate updates or events to members and guests.
- Facilitate all member requests and help to resolve any member issues and questions.
- Assist in overseeing cleanliness and maintenance of the club.
- Keep the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- Participate in regular facility cleaning and club upkeep such as mopping up spills, trash removal, cleaning windows and mirrors and re-racking weights.
- Assist in ensuring the safety of employees, members and club property by determining when equipment or facilities are in need of repair and communicating to Club Manager and Facilities Maintenance team in a timely manner.
- Assist in ordering of supplies using the specific budget based on club requirements.
- Assist in tracking various statistics and reports on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Manage marketing efforts to ensure that all staff are aware and trained on all marketing promotions.
- Make daily bank deposits as needed.
- Other duties as assigned based on club needs.
- Must be 18 year of age or older and have a high school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- One year of customer service experience preferably in a similar gym or retail environment.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite) and the ability to learn systems quickly.
- Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic, and a passion for health and fitness!
- Strong customer service and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must have a valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and must have own reliable means of transportation.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 1,800 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.